Saturday, January 9, 2010

Barneys

I don't think any of my blog readers are Barneys - I know you all get it. So perhaps you can print this note out and post it at your favorite beach. After watching a couple of my friends get dropped in on, almost decapitated by long board wielding, kooked out, surf once a month Barnsters today - I'd like to make this request to the Barney's: 1. Don't drop in on someone when they're flying down the line. They dont want the company, trust me. You might even consider LOOKING as well. 2. When all you Barneys are paddling out to your favorite spot - paddle OUTSIDE and towards the shoulder of incoming waves - don't sit like dumb asses in the impact zone talking about your recent stock trade or how cool your foam board is. Paddle with PURPOSE and get your fucking ass into the line up. Ok, I feel better - share the stoke bra.

Now as for the surf - BIGGEST FREAKING SWELL OF THE SEASON coming next week along with a nice fat rain event - so dont even think about it. Did I mention gale force south winds? Indeed. So all hell will break loose around here starting Monday into next Wednesday. Talking deepwater swell in the 20-25 ft range with very long periods - 17 sec plus. In short, super big - probably Monday night thru Wednesday. High tides, rains, south wind, big surf - can you say coastal flooding and erosion? That's the picture. So enjoy Sunday while you can - still plenty of swell in the water - in fact getting bigger than today - and probably East Winds again.

I'm watching you Barneys - so you best keep your distance. cya in the water.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Barneys. Wasabi has a can of whop-ass for you

    ReplyDelete